III. Preflight Preparation
Task D: Performance and Limitations
- AC 61-84
- Airplane Flying Handbook (FAA-H-8083-3)
- Seaplane, Skiplane, and Float/Ski Equipped Helicopter Operations Handbook (FAA-H-8083-23)
- Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (FAA-H-8083-25)
- Commercial Pilot: Airplane Practical Test Standards (FAA-S-8081-12) (cancelled)
- Commercial Pilot: Airplane Airman Certification Standards (FAA-S-ACS-7A)
- Private Pilot: Airman Certification Standards (FAA-S-ACS-6)
Objective: To determine that the applicant exhibits instructional knowledge of the elements related to performance and limitations by describing:
- Determination of weight and balance condition.
- Use of performance charts, tables, and other data in determining performance in various phases of flight.
- Effects of exceeding airplane limitations.
- Effects of atmospheric conditions on performance.
- Factors to be considered in determining that the required performance is within the airplane's capabilities.